Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Locket

James just called me to tell me something he heard listening to Harry Potter and I thought I would expand on it. I'm sure a million other fans (including Jane!) have come up with this theory but here it goes:

In HPB Harry learns about Horcruxes (for all you muggles out there a Horcrux "is the word used for an object in which a person has concealed part of their soul " HBP 464. When you divide your soul, if you die there is still part of you around so you can still live some form of existence). It is believed that Voldemort divided his soul into 6 parts. Harry and Dumbledore go on a journey to recover a locket which Dumbledore believes to be a horcrux After endangering Dumbledores life, Harry recovers a fake locket, left by R.A.B.

Now here is where I get to the point. In the previous book, when they are cleaning Sirius' house there is a locket that nobody could open in a cabinet (OP 108) . Sirius' late brother, Regulas Black was a death eater and was killed for leaving Voldemort's service. Is Regulas R.A.B? If he is did he hid the locket in his house? If so, was it discarded, or simply thrown into an unused closet? The house is now Harry's....maybe he'll find the locket.

Another thing: Comment on my blog!

3 comments:

Jane said...

Ooohhhhh!!! I've heard that theory; the Mugglecasters take it for granted that it's true...
I really don't know! The other thing to note about that is Mundungus was stealing things from the house, 'member? So there's also a question about if he happened to take the locket without (obviously) knowing what it was!
Another thing is, I don't know how, both the Leaky Cauldron and Mugglenet confirmed that Regulus' middle name started with an 'A' and it was another star in a constellation...sooo....hmmmmm.....I don't know..I haven't made my decision yet, but it's very convincing, isn't it?!

Jacqui and James said...

Yeah, I just read the part about Mundungus. Maybe he wouldn't steal it if he couldn't open it?? Yeah right. He'd steal it if he saw it. And he wouldn't care who bought his ill gotten goods....bad situation if it's true. Where did the Leaky Cauldron and Mugglenet find out Regulus' middle name????? It is very interesting. I don't know what I think either....

James said...

well if dung was taking the wine glasses of Black's then he might have the locket with him. If he tried to pry it open or cast a spell on it would something come out and kill him? Perhaps but there is no evidence to suggest that yet.

Or would be sell it to Borgin and Burkes (sp?) and then it might get back to "he who must not be named"...now wouldn't that suck if it was a 7th of his soul.